Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 35 - Giving the baptismal covenant


Alcala

Conference was good. There was a lot of talks about eternal marriage, so I don't know what that is saying for me. I don't hear much from old comps, but I heard my old ward is doing just fine. 

The people we baptized all live in the same area, Tamban. They are all pretty much family in some way or another. We have 6 more baptismal dates over there in Tamban for May. Elmer Riña, Melba Riña, Dexter Riña, Jemmelyn Riña, Fredie Bitanga, Edelyn Bitanga are their names. Their biggest struggle is quitting coffee and having money to cross the river for sacrament. If they go to church this week though we can have the baptisms on May 16.

Also in another area we have two more baptismal dates. Gemma Tejano, and her two kids, Irish and Anjo, and Angelbee Alnas. They live in Baybayog. Angelbee's only problem is her parents. Her parents don't want her to get baptized. She's 16 right now so we would have to wait until she's 18.  She said she is going to try and talk to her parents. Missionaries in the past have talked to her parents and they still don't want her too, but this is the first time she actually wants to talk to them. It's pretty funny. 

E. Brandon was the first person to start teaching Gemma. We honestly didn't know if she was going to accept the baptismal covenant so we were kind of reluctant to give it to her.  I just felt the spirit so strong in one lesson I just did it, and she accepted.  It was awesome. She always wants American food, so next time I want to cook Philly Cheese steak sandwiches for her.

We are going to the dentists in Echague on Thursday. The travel expenses are reimbursable, but I want have enough money to make it there and we can't get reimbursed until after we get back so I might need some money for that.

There are some awesome belts here that are made out of Caribou Ivory. I was thinking for Christmas I could buy one for each of the boys in our family.  I was also thinking about getting one for Adam, Zac, Aaron, and Brody. And for the girls I was thinking about getting pearls. That could be their Christmas presents.  I think this would be a cool thing for you guys to at least see a bit of the culture, and a good Christmas gift. I'll also send home a few cooking powders and instructions on how to cook the meals so you guys can eat Filipino on Christmas. I also have a few more gifts that I'll send from things that I got in the past.

I love you guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment