Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 12 - Old Saints Day (Filipino Halloween)

Benito Soliven

Well I just found out today that Elder Bautista is getting transferred. And everyone has this bad feeling that Elder Llacona is getting transferred here. From what I've heard he's straight up crazy. He was a cosplayer before he came on a mission and I've heard that he has a costume here too. So I don't know what's going to happen, but I know I'll be okay. This week we said a lot of good-byes on behalf of E. B. and it was pretty sad. We have some picture this week though. It's weird they have Halloween here , but the day after Halloween is bigger. It's called Old saints day and it's basically like a Filipino Memorial day. It was pretty fun we just went to the local cemetery with some ward members and ate food. Everything else is pretty much the same. No investigators still, and a lot of inactives, but we have a lot of fun looking for investigators and trying to bring back members. Dad, I've been listening to that talk a lot now (Elder Holland - The Cost and Blessings of Discipleship). It's a good one. I've also been listening to the one he gave in 2011 priesthood session and even though you guys aren't old yet, I think you should start preparing for a couples mission. It's awesome there's this sister in our ward, who was Mrs. Isabela, which is like Mrs. Utah back home, but anyways just this last Sunday she told us she was preparing for a mission. It's awesome. That's all I have this week. I'll upload some more pictures later.

Last week with Elder Bautista.
 
Eating with Ward Members

Ilagan Zone - October 2014
Top:  Elder Taer, Back: Elder Morrison, Elder Poulter, Elder Bautista, Elder Swensen,
Elder Enuake, Elder Bacle-an, Elder Wengreen, Elder Lee, Elder Thorpe, Elder Williams
Front:  Sister Elivera, Sister Funaki, Sister Crystal, Sister Borja, Sister Nambengu,
Sister Lange, Sister Dela Torre, Sister Karavanua, Elder Padilla, Elder Sison, Elder Cantero

Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment