Thursday, March 19, 2015

Week 31 - Working really hard with a new companion

Alcala

It's all good. So, yeah Elder Brandon did become my new companion (they were housemates before, but they consolidated the area to two missionaries). It's definitely a different experience (not having a Filipino companion).  The house is fine, because I started a garden. This month our goal is 10 baptisms. So we'll see if we can accomplish that.
On Saturday we decided to leave the apartment at 9:00 AM and work all day and then at night we did our studies. I was fine with it, but my comp about died. He was so tired that we didn't even work yesterday. I wasn't tired at all I just stayed up studying Ilakano. My comp. keeps telling me that I'm going to be the next district leader here, but I seriously don't believe him. In fact, I don't want to believe him. Being a District leaders is really tough. They have to teach at district meetings, account for the district and have to go on splits with everyone in the district. Anyways, everything is going great here. We are working really hard. So thanks for all your support and everything you've given me.
I also want to study here. The best part is one of the Nanay's here said that I could stay at her house for however long I wanted so I wouldn't have to spend anything on housing. I also heard that the schooling is like 100 dollars a semester. So really the only thing I would have to pay for is the rides to school, because Nanay would cook all meals for me. Her daughter also just left on a mission. Her name is Kimberly De'leon. She's at the Butuan mission.

New companion - Elder Brandon


Elder Costales, Elder Swensen, Elder Pawin (old comp), Elder Brandon (new comp)

Elder Costales, Elder Pawin (old comp), Elder Brandon (new comp), Elder Swensen

No comments:

Post a Comment