Monday, September 1, 2014

3rd week - Working hard in Benito Soliven

Benito Soliven

So when I'm  in street clothes a lot more people ask me for money. Kinda weird. This week its still been raining everyday. Also I'm pretty used to the heat now. It feels weird to go into an air conditioned room. 
 
This week was pretty exciting, because we have been working pretty hard in this area for awhile now, and it's been awhile since Benito Soliven has seen a baptism, but this week we had one of our investigators who we thought was ready and we got him his Baptismal date, but then after we taught 4 new investigators for the first time all four of them said they wanted to be baptized and we got them dates as well. So great things are happening here! I love it.
 
My spiritual thought for this week is about how God always puts us through faith tests before we receive blessings. Like Job, who lost everything, but stayed faithful. God won't bless you right off the bat it takes that constant showing of faith before he really shows you his power, So keep pushing. 
 
Love y'all
     Elder Swensen
 
P.S. I got Britt and Cade thier b-day present, but I don't know if I want to send it or just keep it till I get back.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment